Category: Administrative Officer Documents
Published: 21 April 2016
This position is established under the Office of Administrative and Program Support Services Unit within the Office of the Secretary, Department of Education.
II. CONTROL OVER POSITION
The incumbent reports directly to the Secretary of the Department of Education and provides administrative support services to the Secretary and to the division chiefs and program managers.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Directs and oversee the operation of the Office of Administrative & Program Supports System unit.
2) Assists the division chiefs in assessing workload, staffing and other management concerns and determines resource requirements and allocation.
3) Prepares the organization’s expenditures plan, oversees expenditures and advises Secretary and Division Chiefs of potential financial and budgetary problems and appropriate solutions.
4) Prepares / reviews the department’s annual budget requests as appropriate and provide and/or secure budget justifications.
5) Prepares quarterly and annual reports as required.
6) Provide monitoring and technical assistance to the state level on educational matters most especially on financial and budgetary issues.
7) Provide administrative services and technical support for the department.
8) Monitor all transactions for the accounts held at the National Government, raise purchase order, miscellaneous payments, and maintain a system for the timely and orderly closeout of the program on contracts, travel authorization, voucher claims and process all order and invoices for payment and maintain record transactions.
9) Directs / oversees preparation of the budget request, ensuring that all requirements are met: advises the Secretary and Division chiefs on the plans, organizes and supervises work of administrative support services programs such as mail service, communication service, supply, control files and information unit, building and equipment services etc.; may represent the department head at administrative problems and concerns and recommends or initiates/implements corrective actions.
10) Perform other duties as assigned under the department.
IV. MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS AND BACKGROUND:
1) Graduated from an accredited college or university with a degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related fields plus four (4) years of professional experience with involved administration, budgeting, coordination, development and / or evaluation of education programs.
2) Incumbent shall possess commendable skills in English language and at least one local vernacular;
3) Incumbent shall possess skills and/or experiences in program planning and budgeting; OR in grant-writing;
4) Incumbent shall be highly recommended by at least (3) persons or individuals with good knowledge of the incumbent’s background and experiences; and
5) While good communication skills and good working attitudes are not really required, they are however recommended for such an incumbent.